Monday, March 26, 2007

Contusion

Chain ganger, Thor,
take your mallet and pound.
Bring it down.
Crush out a banger.
Bone crusher
Spike right through
Without a warning
Chink. Chunk. Chink.
Hammer and nail
Usher in silence
Fall on the rock
Crack without echo
Heave, ho. Heave, ho.
A dusty crunch
under iron cudgel
Pegging a pin
With a knuckle down whomp.
To bludgeon the grit
you must clobber it.
A rhythm is set
in my bloody veins
ba bump ba bump
throw it hard
ba bump
I don’t want to see it coming.
Another swing,
another inch deeper
the stake is driven.
Blow upon blow
pound hard
move slow
The redundance of labor
a sweaty endeavor
Steady monotonous
plea for my liberty.
Quash an urge
To fade weakly
I prefer obliteration
With no hope of reformation
Just drub a wedge
Into the socket
Knick knock
Knock it.

(c) Tasha Chinnock 2007

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the vocabulary you have used. You say so much with so little and create a feeling as much as a picture. You amaze me!