Monday, June 25, 2007

Storm at Sea



Storm at Sea by Pieter Brueghel the Elder

Storm at Sea
by Tasha Chinnock

Why throw off balast?
Its too late for precautions
Swells bounce
Every which way
Birds circle
in black of sky
Wreckage of ships and
of nature herself
A gutted whale
Headless, ship
without a sail
Here in this aqua eye
a beacon from below
exposes the ruin
But the far off shore city
enjoys sunlight and seagulls
the latter perhaps a little
fatter for the storm fishing
Tiny pillows of overturned vessels
sideways sails
dot their horizon
looking restful at such a safe distance
No muffled screams
reach their ears
above the roar of wind and wave
and screeching scavengers
You are alone, desolate.
Nought but deep stillness awaits you.

2 comments:

Tovah said...

This was great!! Reminds me of my "Ship of Fools" post on Tovahsez. There is also a scripture verse in Psalm 107: 21-31. I was astounded by the similarities between my dream and this psalm. I discovered the psalm some time after I had the dream.

In your photo you look very Mary Pickfordesque. She was the silent screen star dubbed "America's sweetheart" I think. Actually you may look even more like Clara Bow, the "It" girl from that era.

Thanks for your comment.....I am glad you enjoyed reading my rap. Some people at my congregation Beth Judah tell me more and more churches are seeking out the Jewish roots of the faith so I guess there is hope. There is a book called "The Messianic Church Arising" that I recently ordered. I saw a copy at a bible study and decided to buy it. If you want to check it out go to
http://gloryofzion.org/ (click on webstore) Be blessed in Him always...Tovah

Unknown said...

My profile picture actually is Clara Bow. I have been told I look like her, when my hair was shorter and I used more makeup.

I read your dream and commented on it.

Thanks for reading!