Saturday, October 16, 2010

Regimen

Be thankful for fatness
It is contentment
You have all you need
More than enough
The love and security
To sleep at night
The passion to wake famished
Demanding a big breakfast
The leisure to cuddle on couches
You are fat and happy
Because you know your future
Waits for you like
A familiar friend
Who stands in an airport.

Don't admire my lean bones
Ribs and hips and angles
Of shame and sorrow
Do you envy prisoners of war?
Or concentration camps?
A diet of worry and grief
A workout of nausea
My aereola look bigger and bigger
As the rest of me shrinks
Like huge, bulging eyes
Staring in shock and fear
At the dark future
Without the comfort of food or couches
Or a strong embrace.

(c) Tasha Chinnock 2010

2 comments:

Faizan said...

There is a profound and gentle pain in almost all of your writings. It creates a pull towards your story. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, my story isn't that extraordinary... I just feel it deeply because its my own.
Did you send me a friend request on facebook a while back? If you request again, I will add you. I appreciate your comments.