Thursday, October 05, 2006

reversal

reversal

Every illusion holds some reality
Every lie contains a bit of truth
Every false heart knows fidelity
To a person or thing who inhabits their earth

Decorative conceptions linger in shallows
Obscuring the molecule of utility
That shyly abides in stirring shadows
Within a chamber of painful inability

Occupy alone the throne of my heart
And reign there without a rival
Let me awake to what only you start
And abandon obeisance to all that is trivial

Carry me from the cavern that keeps me
Teach my hands and feet what is amiss
Guide my still limbs to dance unflinchingly
Over the marble floors and right off the precipice

You wont leave me hurting or discover me dead
I cannot forget the promise you made
It just needs to move to my heart from my head
I chose long ago to be faithful and my heart is staid.

(c) Tasha Chinnock 2006

No comments: