Thursday, October 05, 2006

Cleansing

Cleansing

I curl up over the toilet bowl
Sick in my soul
Ready to vomit
Spill out all the toxic filler
Reject all that Im full of
I will cramp and wretch
For days and weeks on end
To rid myself of horrid waste
All the greasy junk food of life

Gallons and gallons of
Burger wrappers and straws
Mixed with television commercials
And ugly fashions on magazine covers
Tabloid news that no one has a right to know
There are air fresheners and
Acne cream swirling around in the bowl with
Baseball star bobble heads

My head swims with uncouth t-shirt slogans
And men in bars winkingly assuring
Its all good!

I am nauseous from ingesting
Biased news reports
And bigotry glorified
The illusion of constitutional rights

I cant stomach truck stop prostitution
Exposed (or exploited) by Oprah Winfrey
That just continues
Hairy, fat, tweaking truckers
Screwing child sex slaves
Who are chained in Platos cave
Gazing at the shadows
Cast on the wall by the fires of Hell

I strain and strain to expel
Bombings and shootings and slaughter
In Israel, Africa, Ireland, Cuba
And the United States of America

I hurl and hurl and hurl
Gasoline prices and
Car theft and kidnapping
Rape in broad daylight
And police who cant do anything
Silent eyewitnesses
And bribed juries

I gag on movies
And people learning how to act
From movies
Moving pictures...dramatized fiction

I am sick, I am sick
I dont want anymore
Of aborted children and
Antidepressants and
A multitude of counselors

Choking me with
Cloned sheep and engineered corn
And cultic lies
Deceiving masses
Rewriting history
Poisoning innocents
Vaccinating babies like sick cows

I feverishly moan and labor
To bring up the
Biohazards of my heart
Get it out! Get out of me!
Off of me! Let me be clean!

(c) Tasha Chinnock 2006

No comments: