Thursday, October 05, 2006

the spinster's romance

the spinster's romance

I spend uncharted moments
Contemplating intangible you
Divining where you are
Right this second
Wondering if you are talking
Or eating
Or sighing
I imagine you are thinking of me
Perhaps even with longing
I have determined
In consultation with myself
That you must - by mere compulsion -
Enshrine me in your heart
Among your other idols and icons
Chosen so carefully
And never ever dispossessed

I have practiced telepathy
- Breathe in power
Breathe out a message to you -
I used to be quite talented
Ripples of thought departed me
And every time you would call
But now I am an unsure pigeon
No evidence of your amours
No return on my invested seconds

In my musing
I see you generations younger
Mischievous and lithe
Adonis of my fledgling swoon
I see myself silly as a junebug
Laughing and charming
Vowing to continue vernal for you

But what wrinkles and fades to gray
Does not touch the pure, green
Fidelity of my patient expectation.

(c) Tasha Chinnock 2006

No comments: