Thursday, October 05, 2006

Weak Manifesto

Weak Manifesto

I can no longer listen to
You shout my name
Your screaming rage
Your endless needs
I can not bear one more
Demand that assures criticism
Request that refuses no
I am crushed under the weight
Of expectations
From you, you, you, you.
What happened to the part of you
That rejoiced in me?

Today you hugged me
I couldnt let go
I tried relaxing into your strong arms
But they didnt feel strong or sincere
Selfish embrace
That wanted more of my soul
To stuff in its pipe and smoke
Until Im ashes

Ive been so depressed
I murmured
Me too.
And now its up to me again.
Not allowed to need.
I must be the fixer
I am the duct tape
What will happen when I
Cant hold it all together?
It will still be all my fault.

(c) Tasha Chinnock 2006

No comments: