Thursday, October 05, 2006

curriculum

curriculum

I can only teach you what I know
Things never listed
But collected unwittingly over a lifetime

The basics of survival

The joys of creation, music, imagination
Words and images and their power

The dangers to avoid
This hurts, that scares

The reward of doing something unenjoyable
What you must do
We call it work, because it isn't fun
But there is the reward
Gratification
Life
Sustenance
Sometimes treasure

The why and how of some of it
- Some of it I just don't know
Maybe how to find the answers

To love
To receive love
But not protect your heart
I can't tell you where or when
Your first heartache lurks
But I will hold you while you cry
Tell you "I know, I know
It hurts like death"
Then make sure you go back and love again
Because the hurting only makes the bliss of love
Stronger, more beautiful.

Introduce you to people
Hope you show yourself friendly
But never push you to begrudged graciousness.

Take you before God
Pray you put your hand in His
But not for me.
No third party has any place there.

Go before you
Build bridges for you to cross
Un-peril the chasms
That's what I'm entrusted with
But I have so much to learn, and
I can only teach you what I know.

(c) Tasha Chinnock 2006

No comments: